What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone had a start prob like this?

Mooseman

Site Supporter
10 Years
Got a whitewater that won’t always start a game.
In freeplay no credit dot.
In switch test the start button works every time.
Changed start button anyway which also works in test all the time.
So today after a few games no start again
Turned it off and back on again and hey presto it’s playing ok.
Suggested possibly dodgy roms

Anyone else had similar problems? And fix.
CPU board looks fine and no batteries as nvram

Cheers

Does the start button still work in switch test when it doesn't start a game anymore? If so, does it work again when exiting the test?
Would be surprised if it was the ROMs

Let us know, also test any other switches on column 1/row 3 to see if it is something in the switch matrix.

IMG_2189.jpeg
This is normal head position on mine from power on and game starts.

After he’s diverted the ball with log down whirlpool then he stays facing forwards and game won’t start. Just look at him grinning about it.
IMG_2190.jpeg
I’ve cleaned the optos with ipa and cotton bud.
In head test it does report an unknown
Maybe a bad opto
I will have to remove the board again and try with power on if they are switching

As Grizz says my bi directional board had previously blown the cap and had already been replaced but the corrosive gunk has slowly eaten through pin 1 on the chip. Could buy another chip and socket but thanks to @Dr. Pinball fine micro surgery soldering. A new leg extension has been added and big foot head is now spinning both directions. Can reset himself and games can be started.
Found these as well

Thanks for everyone’s support

Back
Top Bottom