What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale American Pinball Galactic Tank Force LE - £9k NIB - £ 8k ex show

I agree regarding that title but if Pedretti were to produce TOTAN, Whitewater or something like that then I'd be interested in a pimped modernised version.

I've not played Funhouse yet and have never really liked the flipper feel of Pinball Brothers Games which feel floaty. However. if Pedretti have got the original Bally parts and the games play well, they could be onto a winner if they can manufacture the remakes as well as CGC do.

T'Zone, Indiana Jones, C Voltaire, Theatre, Creature are just a few of the games I think people would buy. There is certainly a remake market out there if done correctly.
I didn’t realise the new Funhouse remake had been released, so I obliviously played it at Pinfest thinking it was a super-mint refurbed Funhouse with the Rudy’s Nightmare screen fitted. Then, I realised it didn’t seem to have the Rudy’s Nightmare software… or rules… or backglass… and the playfield also looked different from usual.

Then, the penny dropped.

So, yes, you could say it plays like an original machine 🤔🤭

The two ‘big’ manufacturers are JJP and Stern, with Spooky an aspiring third. CGC do amazing stuff, but can’t get pins out the door 😕

AP will stay a (smaller) player if they produce something else like GTF or Houdini. They have a big parent company that gives them time. Houdini is broadly popular to the point of having rabid fans who DM me periodically on Pinside to complain I don’t appreciate its genius by rating it 5/10. Apparently, it’s is still selling in the States and I believe David Fix on this (see aforesaid rabid fans).

There are apparently 16 manufacturers, currently. Pinball Brothers are going under IMO. Is anyone talking about how rubbish their Queen and Abba pins are? No, because no one cares. I don’t know anyone who owns one either (hands up?)

Haggis are already gone. I’m not sure Pederetti will make it as a machine manufacturer, although their Funhouse is pretty (will anyone pay £10k for a Funhouse?). Others will also probably quietly disappear - returning to making kits and parts.
Pedretti make Pinball Brothers games so I hope if PB do go under (which it seriously would not shock me if they did) - that they don't take Pedretti with them! At least Pedretti have the sense to use FAST pinball as a board set. Goodness knows who make PB's electronic parts.....

Back
Top Bottom