What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale American Pinball Galactic Tank Force LE - £9k NIB - £ 8k ex show

philpalmer

Site Supporter
10 Years
Clear out of these. Sold as above. No PH warranty only AP warranty.

Price includes VAT

I’ve played GTF twice (at London AEG and Pinfest) and it’s a superb title. Totally underrated due to the glut of superb pins released at the same time and a lot of internet moaning about the delightful, but cheesy, theme 🥰

David Fix emphasised AP’s use of industry-standard parts at his Pinfest talk, so I - personally - would feel relatively confident about repairability (as I also do about my TNA).

Short version, anyone who buys one of these won’t be disappointed.

I’ve played GTF twice (at London AEG and Pinfest) and it’s a superb title. Totally underrated due to the glut of superb pins released at the same time and a lot of internet moaning about the delightful, but cheesy, theme 🥰

David Fix emphasised AP’s use of industry-standard parts at his Pinfest talk, so I - personally - would feel relatively confident about repairability (as I also do about my TNA).

Short version, anyone who buys one of these won’t be disappointed.
Played it a few times in USA and I thought it was a fun b-movie type theme. Jack hager from midway arcade game classics like t2, smash tv, narc, carneval was involved to , Is the LE model the uprated cab trim in grey, but still the normal cabinet without extra 'tank' features? I never remember the differences with the model levels. wasn't there a 3d effect backglass to?

Played it a few times in USA and I thought it was a fun b-movie type theme. Jack hager from midway arcade game classics like t2, smash tv, narc, carneval was involved to , Is the LE model the uprated cab trim in grey, but still the normal cabinet without extra 'tank' features? I never remember the differences with the model levels. wasn't there a 3d effect backglass to?
It’s the grey one without the extra ‘tank’ features. The 3D effect backglass is only on the ‘tank’ ‘signature’ edition:

I assume I played the show LE at London EAG (and, presumably, Pinfest too).

Does anyone know if the tanks red cannon/ and/or turret part on the LE back box is easily removed??? The red cannon seems to sit a few inches up from the height of a normal back box and I can't get away with it due to my low ceiling😕

Does anyone know if the tanks red cannon/ and/or turret part on the LE back box is easily removed??? The red cannon seems to sit a few inches up from the height of a normal back box and I can't get away with it due to my low ceiling😕
The LE doesn’t have the turret. That’s the signature edition.

The LE doesn’t have the turret. That’s the signature edition.
LE should have the tank cab. Signature just had some extras as per the AP website.

LE should have the tank cab. Signature just had some extras as per the AP website.
Oh yeah, sorry, misread the specs page :oops:

My tuppence worth . . . .

It's a lot of fun, great light show, excellent artwork and well coded with some good drama created throughout the gameplay.

Owner thread 😉.
It’s genuinely a really good, fun game. The theme is a work of genius. @MadMonzer describes it as “one of the best unlicensed pinball themes in living memory”. There is a price I’d buy one at, which is why I’m asking questions :)

I say this as an AP anti-fan who has roundly disliked everything else they’ve produced.

Despite what I’d assume was their best efforts to fart out yet another turd, Dennis Nordman somehow managed to slip a good ‘un under the radar. Literally the radar; there’s a radar mode and it’s great fun. Well done, Dennis.

Last edited:
I’m well aware of how much this game costs which is partly why i insisted on the Deluxe. But putting money aside I don’t regret at all owning this game, with the constant statements about how good it is and the que at pinfest to play it
I’m glad i have one to play and as i’ve said if your wanting to try before and your able to get over west London your very welcome.

There are niggles, all but a small code update i’ve resolved, but take it that it’s a small company and given the crap spooky throw out i don’t understand the hesitation
How many times have you seen a Scooby turned off ?

ive spent far too much time fettling with TNA which wasent much less in cost really…

I’m well aware of how much this game costs which is partly why i insisted on the Deluxe. But putting money aside I don’t regret at all owning this game, with the constant statements about how good it is and the que at pinfest to play it
I’m glad i have one to play and as i’ve said if your wanting to try before and your able to get over west London your very welcome.

There are niggles, all but a small code update i’ve resolved, but take it that it’s a small company and given the crap spooky throw out i don’t understand the hesitation
How many times have you seen a Scooby turned off ?

ive spent far too much time fettling with TNA which wasent much less in cost really…
How much was the deluxe?

Same as what he is selling the LE for now
If they want to sell these there's too much other choice at this price range. Need to be lower in my view. Can get a pulp fiction for less than this.. And thats an A list licence.. or a stern godzilla is also less..

just my 2p though :)

If they want to sell these there's too much other choice at this price range. Need to be lower in my view. Can get a pulp fiction for less than this.. And thats an A list licence.. or a stern godzilla is also less..

Exactly, but if you buying a game based on cost and not gameplay then you will reduce your options
Look at POTC JJP, how much !!! How many out there….? Who’s actually comfortable owning that without worrying its resale value in the background and not that they just simply enjoy the game

It’s not about price range, it’s about release date. When I went to AEG in January, there were at least 5 (!) newly-released pins from different manufacturers. I remember saying to my husband ‘they’re all good’, and he didn’t believe me because, of course, that’s unlikely and the effect of the New Hotness applies.

However, several months later, the consensus is that all of Jaws, Labyrinth, Pulp Fiction, Elton John and Galactic Tank Force (and I’m omitting the Spooky pins that weren’t there) are good pins. But people only have so much money and, generally, if you’re looking for a pin, it’ll be on a ‘pick one’ basis.

I went for Elton John. Most people went for Pulp Fiction (license, street level novelty, manufacturer reputation) or Jaws (reputation of company and designer, theme). A few people have subsequently gone for Labyrinth (license, gameplay).

David Fix was right that it’s *very* hard to compete in an environment like that. GTF’s not getting insta-buys off the license, the manufacturer has a terrible reputation, and hardly anyone can comment on the gameplay.

If it had been released alongside John Wick and/or Venom, it would probably have more traction.

It’s not about price range, it’s about release date. When I went to AEG in January, there were at least 5 (!) newly-released pins from different manufacturers. I remember saying to my husband ‘they’re all good’, and he didn’t believe me because, of course, that’s unlikely and the effect of the New Hotness applies.

However, several months later, the consensus is that all of Jaws, Labyrinth, Pulp Fiction, Elton John and Galactic Tank Force (and I’m omitting the Spooky pins that weren’t there) are good pins. But people only have so much money and, generally, if you’re looking for a pin, it’ll be on a ‘pick one’ basis.

I went for Elton John. Most people went for Pulp Fiction (license, street level novelty, manufacturer reputation) or Jaws (reputation of company and designer, theme). A few people have subsequently gone for Labyrinth (license, gameplay).

David Fix was right that it’s *very* hard to compete in an environment like that. GTF’s not getting insta-buys off the license, the manufacturer has a terrible reputation, and hardly anyone can comment on the gameplay.

If it had been released alongside John Wick and/or Venom, it would probably have more traction.
sure, if ap was the only company releasing games they could charge what they like, but this is a crowded market with limited funds where 2 companies are going bust soon (my view only!) so ap isnt going to compete with stern or cgc unless its prices are lower when there are 2 games of equal themeyness.

Next year is going to be mega interesting because choice will be huge. Alice, Harry Potter, Back to the Future, new releases from Stern, AP and Spooky means some serious competition.

It's going to be interesting to see what people choose.

sure, if ap was the only company releasing games they could charge what they like, but this is a crowded market with limited funds where 2 companies are going bust soon (my view only!) so ap isnt going to compete with stern or cgc unless its prices are lower when there are 2 games of equal themeyness.
The two ‘big’ manufacturers are JJP and Stern, with Spooky an aspiring third. CGC do amazing stuff, but can’t get pins out the door 😕

AP will stay a (smaller) player if they produce something else like GTF or Houdini. They have a big parent company that gives them time. Houdini is broadly popular to the point of having rabid fans who DM me periodically on Pinside to complain I don’t appreciate its genius by rating it 5/10. Apparently, it’s is still selling in the States and I believe David Fix on this (see aforesaid rabid fans).

There are apparently 16 manufacturers, currently. Pinball Brothers are going under IMO. Is anyone talking about how rubbish their Queen and Abba pins are? No, because no one cares. I don’t know anyone who owns one either (hands up?)

Haggis are already gone. I’m not sure Pederetti will make it as a machine manufacturer, although their Funhouse is pretty (will anyone pay £10k for a Funhouse?). Others will also probably quietly disappear - returning to making kits and parts.

Pederetti will make it as a machine manufacturer, although their Funhouse is pretty will anyone pay £10k for a Funhouse?

I agree regarding that title but if Pedretti were to produce TOTAN, Whitewater or something like that then I'd be interested in a pimped modernised version.

I've not played Funhouse yet and have never really liked the flipper feel of Pinball Brothers Games which feel floaty. However. if Pedretti have got the original Bally parts and the games play well, they could be onto a winner if they can manufacture the remakes as well as CGC do.

T'Zone, Indiana Jones, C Voltaire, Theatre, Creature are just a few of the games I think people would buy. There is certainly a remake market out there if done correctly.

Back
Top Bottom