What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Afm ,medieval madness ,monster bash to play

chris platt

Registered
10 Years
Anyone around nw area who has one ? , I’m after one soon but never played or seen one in the flesh really to decide which one to go for

Chris

If you fancy a road trip down to Salisbury one Friday evening, then Special When Lit has all three (and a whole load more) to compare and contrast

There is a mm at arcade club Leeds. I have a mm which you are welcome to come and play. I'm about 10 miles south west of hexham so may be a long drive depending on where you are in nw.

Owned all three and sold AFM and MB. MM is my favourite game of all time and would def be the very last machine to leave.

AFM is a great game too, just a bit too similar to MM and I prefer the castle toy and Pythonesque medieval theme to the saucer and campy 50s martians theme. Don’t think you can go wrong with either and I’d love another one day.

MB is a beautiful game with great toys but found it a bit too shallow. A part of me would love another but I’m pretty sure I’d look it at more than play it.

Thank u all for responses!! I will go have a look at offers to look ,,,, all comments appreciated and seem consistent with YouTube clips

Realise that !

Anyone around nw area who has one ? , I’m after one soon but never played or seen one in the flesh really to decide which one to go for

Chris
MM and AFM are pretty similar. MM has the castle toy and Monty Python theme. AFM is more 'pared down' with fewer toys, but the originals can play faster and smoother than MM.

The remakes tend to be slower and easier than the originals, in my experience, with mushier flippers.

MB has lots of toys, great music, super callouts, but can - again, my experience - feel easier and more repetitive as there isn't a central shot with strong risk-reward, so it's all about shooting the sides 'x' number of times to activate a mode.

If you're willing to look at modern pins, I wouldn't discount Stranger Things or Venom, which are by the same designer and have similar layouts. If you like the fast play of AFM, for example, Venom is even faster and has a more complex modern ruleset, and you can pick up a new Premium for around the same price as an MM.

There's a Stranger Things LE here for £10k https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/stranger-things-le-£9995.59532/

MM and AFM are pretty similar. MM has the castle toy and Monty Python theme. AFM is more 'pared down' with fewer toys, but the originals can play faster and smoother than MM.

The remakes tend to be slower and easier than the originals, in my experience, with mushier flippers.

MB has lots of toys, great music, super callouts, but can - again, my experience - feel easier and more repetitive as there isn't a central shot with strong risk-reward, so it's all about shooting the sides 'x' number of times to activate a mode.

If you're willing to look at modern pins, I wouldn't discount Stranger Things or Venom, which are by the same designer and have similar layouts. If you like the fast play of AFM, for example, Venom is even faster and has a more complex modern ruleset, and you can pick up a new Premium for around the same price as an MM.

There's a Stranger Things LE here for £10k https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/stranger-things-le-£9995.59532/
I need no real rule set and easy for misses and kids to enjoy hence one’s chosen , thanks for info

I spoke to Chris a week ago and he never mentioned it so presume it’s gone … prob bit over my budget too

I've had 2 AFM's and 3 MB's, they have come and gone but the 1 MM I have owned is still here after 20 years. MB is the weakest (vowed never to one another after getting monsters of rock in ball 1 and I'm a crap player!) and AFM call-outs grate on me after a while but MM is still enjoyable. It doesn't get played that often but whenever I switch it on I always think now that's a great designed game! All IMO obvs.

I've got both MM and MB which I've owned since 99 and would consider selling one or both, but they're not gonna be cheap especially MM.

Back
Top Bottom